There are various methods to plump up your thin lips: surgical and nonsurgical. Both home natural remedies and lip treatments can help achieve thicker lips again.While some people may have naturally thin lips, they can also be a sign of ageing or result from smoking. As you get older the collagen in your lips breaks down and the muscles tire, leaving your lips looking and feeling thinner. This can also lead to wrinkles around the lips.
WHAT CAUSES THIN LIPS?
There are many factors that can influence a decrease in the size of your lips, however, the following are the most common:
- UV exposure
- Habit of puckering or biting your lips
THIN LIPS SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
You'll visibly notice you are gradually getting thinner lips and losing their full, plump look.
HOW CAN I PREVENT THIN LIPS?
Moisturising your lips with a concentrated cream around the lips as these often contain active anti-wrinkle ingredients that plump and hydrate the skin.
- Use lipstick with SPF (Sun Protection Factor) to protect your lips from sun exposure.
- Exfoliate your lips once a week. Apply a rich lip balm after this to help keep your lips plump and healthy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I make my thin lips stand out with makeup?
- Use a lip liner, darker than your lipstick. By applying the darker liner on the outside of your mouth, it will create a nice effect that will make your lips look plumper.
- Blend two lipsticks. When your lipstick gradually gets lighter in the centre of the lips, it creates the appearance of fuller lips.
Can cold temperatures damage my lips?
Similar to the effect hot temperatures may cause to your lips, cold weather can make your lips become chapped and dry. Try to avoid licking your lips as this will dry out the lips even more.